This recipe is great for buttering up your dinner guests… but its also just great to have some flavoured butter in the fridge for when you want to whip up a beautiful meal with minimum fuss!
FOR THE BUTTER
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl at room temperature... the back of a fork works well or if the butter isn’t soft enough you can be all Jamie Oliver and use your hands (freshly washed, obviously).
2. Turn out onto some waxed paper, roll into a log, then chill in the refrigerator.
3. Cut butter into disks as required and serve on the hot scotch steaks.
FOR THE SCOTCH STEAK
1. The easiest way to cook pork steaks is in a hot pan or on the BBQ. Get the pan nice and hot, and add a small glug of olive oil. Season your steaks with a little salt and pepper.
2. Pop the steaks into the pan – take care not to squish them in together as the hot air around the steaks is important too.
3. Cook for 4-6 minutes each side. The plan is to have them a little pink in the middle so they’re tender and not dry. Don’t you dare over cook them!
4. Let them rest for a couple of minutes before popping the delicious butter on top right before you serve them.
5. Make someone else do the dishes.